No products in the cart.
A pizza style recipe that the children will love and only takes 30 minutes to cook with beef mince, tortillas, a tomato-based sauce and grated cheese
• 450g/1lb lean beef mince
• 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
• 10ml/2tsp ground paprika
• 1 x 400g can cherry or chopped tomatoes
• 15-30ml/1-2tbsp tomato pureé
• 15ml/1tbsp Worcestershire or brown sauce
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
• 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
• 4-6 flour tortillas
• 100g/4oz grated mature Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
2. Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes until brown. Add the paprika, canned tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcestershire or brown sauce. Season.
3. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through the coriander.
4. Place a tortilla on a large non-stick baking tray and spoon over a portion of the mince mixture evenly and a handful of cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut into quarters and serve with salad leaves and a soured cream dip.