No products in the cart.
A wholesome alfresco salad bursting with summer flavours. Cooked sirloin or rump steaks combined with peppery watercress leaves drizzled with a basil sauce made with fresh basil. lemon juice, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
• 2 Olympus Foods sirloin or rump steaks
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
• 10ml/2tsp sunflower oil
• 1 large bag watercress or salad leaves
• 1 x 25g pack fresh basil leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled
• 15-30ml/1-2tbsp lemon juice
• 10ml/2tsp Dijon or English mustard
• 45-60ml/3-4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. To prepare the sauce; place the basil, garlic, lemon juice and mustard into a food processor or blender. Blend together to a rough paste, then with the motor still running add the olive oil in a steady trickle until thick. Transfer to a small bowl, season to taste and refrigerate until required.
2. Season the steaks, brush with the oil and cook the steaks on a preheated griddle pan, under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Pile the salad leaves on to a serving plate. Slice the steaks diagonally, adding any meat juices to the sauce. Toss the strips in the salad and drizzle with the sauce.
4. Serve immediately.
This recipe works well with leftover cooked roast beef too. Serve any remaining basil sauce with pasta.