No products in the cart.
Makes 2 as a main meal, 4 as a light snack
• 375g/12oz lean beef mince
• 1 x 290g pack pizza dough mix
• 5-10ml/1-2tsp poppy seeds
• 10ml/2tsp olive oil
• 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 50g/2oz sun-dried tomatoes
• 50g/2oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 150g/5oz half-fat crème fraîche
• 15ml/1tbsp capers, rinsed
• Small bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C,425°F.
2. Prepare the pizza dough according to the packet instructions, adding the poppy seeds to the flour before the water. Leave in a cool place to rise.
3. Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan and cook the mince and onion for 5-7 minutes until brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead gently for 1 minute. Divide into 2 (or 4) pieces. Roll each out to 30cm/12inch (or 15cm/6inch) diameter circles. Divide the meat filling over half of each base, leaving a 2cm/¾inch boarder around the edge. Brush the edges with a little water. Fold over to make a half moon shape.
5. Seal the edges, by crimping with your fingers, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Serve with crisp salad leaves.