No products in the cart.
Jacket potatoes stuffed with Beef Mince
• 225-375g/8-12oz lean beef mince – Order Here
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 60ml/4tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 15-30ml/1-2tbsp tomato ketchup
• 60ml/4tbsp good, hot beef stock
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
• 4 small to medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
• 1 x 125g carton low fat cheese with garlic and herbs
• ½ x170g jar roasted or char-grilled mixed peppers, roughly chopped
• 100g/4oz sweetcorn, optional
• 50g/2oz grated reduced fat cheese, optional
• Fresh chives, to garnish
1. Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and arrange on a microwave-proof dish lined with kitchen paper. Cook in a microwave on HIGH according to your microwave handbook.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the mince with the spring onions for 3-4 minutes until brown, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, stock and seasoning. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill to moderate. In a small bowl, mix the soft cheese, peppers, sweet corn, if used and seasoning, if required.
5. Cut the cooked potatoes in half length-ways, leaving two halves slightly attached, open them out flat and transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
6. Pile the soft cheese mixture on the top and grill for 3-4 minutes. Add the beef and sprinkle over the grated cheese (if used), return to the grill and heat until the cheese melts. Serve with a crisp salad.