No products in the cart.
Lamb Caesar Salad
Try this quick, classic salad made with lamb leg cubes, salad leaves, croutons, Parmesan cheese and an anchovy dressing. Perfect for a midweek supper dish.
• 500g Olympus Foods Diced Lamb (Order Here)
• 5ml/1tsp rapeseed or olive oil
• Salt and freshly milled black pepper
• For the Anchovy Dressing
• :60ml/4tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
• Large handful fresh parsley leaves
• 10ml/2tsp Dijon mustard
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 6 anchovies in oil, drained
• For the Salad
• :1 large Cos or Romaine lettuce, rinsed and roughly torn
• 1 x 100g bag prepared bread croutons
• 1 punnet fresh cress
• 25g/1oz Parmesan shavings, to garnish
1. To prepare the dressing; pour the oil into a food processor or blender. Add the parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 45ml/3tbsp warm water, anchovies and seasoning.
2. Mix until you have a smooth sauce. Adjust the seasoning and lemon juice, if required.
3. Heat a non-stick griddle or plain frying pan without oil for 2-3 minutes. Brush the Diced Lamb with oil, season and cook, tossing occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes.
4. .Meanwhile, to prepare the salad; put all the ingredients in a large bowl with the lamb and any meat juices. Toss gently and drizzle over the anchovy sauce.
5. Garnish with the Parmesan and serve immediately.